Fisheries Internship and Scholarship Opportunity
Applications are now being accepted for up to 3 Internships for the Twelvemile Creek Smolt Monitoring Project on Prince of Wales Island! We are looking for interns to assist with a project conducted by the US Forest Service and Sitka Conservation Society to monitor the effects of stream restoration work on juvenile fish. As an intern, you will:
- work and learn from fisheries professionals
- gain an understanding of stream habitat restoration and how it affects fish populations
- learn valuable skills that will help you qualify for future fisheries jobs
- play an active part in stewardship of an important subsistence and commercial resource
- earn a stipend of $1000 to cover expenses
- upon successful completion of the season, you will be eligible for a scholarship to complete an Occupational Endorsement (an 11-credit program) with the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) Fisheries Technology Program!
This internship opportunity is provided by the National Forest Foundation. The UAS scholarship opportunity is provided by the Alaska Conservation Foundation and UAS.
Primary consideration will be for applicants who live on Prince of Wales Island.
For more details, download the description and application:
For more details, contact Scott Harris, email@example.com, 907.738.4091