The SSP is a Collective Impact initiative that is designed to operate at both community and regional scales. Collective Impact is proving to be a successful approach to solving complex social, environmental and economic problems throughout the world, particularly when the solutions require a diverse range of stakeholder involvement.
One of the keys to success is developing commitment to a common goal and set of principles like those that are on previous pages. One of the other keys to success is the existence of a solid framework for communications and shared learning. Toward that end, we have developed a program structure that is designed to support a common understanding of our overall goal and principles, as well as rigorous and transparent system of shared measurement. The core components of this structure are:
- Leadership Team – fund raises, develops the common agenda and overall strategic approach.
- Program Director – implements the common agenda and system for measuring change while promoting a triple bottom line approach and shared learning through regular communications.
- Community Catalysts – lead the work on the ground by tapping the SSP into real community priorities and building the local capacity that is necessary for project success.
- Regional Catalysts – work closely with community catalysts on assessing, identifying, and accomplishing project priorities for community sustainability. Regional catalysts also work to improve the broader social environment for success.
- Sustainable Southeast Network – a collaborative network of individuals and organizations who share lessons learned and develop a common voice for sustainable community development.
Click here to read about the Shared System of Measurement we are developing as part of this SSP Collective Impact Initiative.